“If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward” -Martin Luther King Jr.
Here at Drs. Chapman and Owens, we have been busily doing all we can to move forward during the most bizarre of times.Happily, the American Dental Association and North Carolina Board of Dental Examiners have now given us guidelines and protocols to assist that forward momentum and we want you fully informed as to what those changes will look like in our office.
“To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” -Winston Churchill
To that, you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked similar questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We respectfully ask that only the appointed patient and one (where necessary) guardian come to the office
As always, we look forward to serving you in comfort and safety and welcome your questions and concerns. 336-765-8878
Kenneth E Chapman DDS MAGD
Ronald K Owens DDS FAGD